a holistic approach to all things plant-related
Your shrubs, ornamental trees and flowers give your property a look and personality that’s all yours. They add beauty and color, and contribute positively to the environment, so you want them to stay healthy and hardy. Our shrub and ornamental tree program is uniquely customized to your plants and the threats that face them year after year, from frost to fungus, from deer to insects – and everything in between.
We take a holistic approach to all things plant-related, particularly when it comes to pests and diseases. At Connecticut Green, we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM), an effective way for us to keep your plants looking great – while reducing the need for pesticides.
Our shrub and ornamental tree programs will include some or all of the following, depending on your unique landscape and needs:
- Horticultural Oils – safe, oil-based products that control insects on plants
- Disease Control – preventative and need-now treatments to keep your ornamental trees and shrubs safe and healthy
- Fertilization – We offer granular, liquid soil drench and deep-root feedings, depending on your needs. These treatments will keep your plants healthy and strong year after year
- Soil Amendments – to keep your soil as nutrient-rich and balanced as possible, we offer bio-stimulants, compost tea, and other supplements that create a healthy growing environment
- Deer Repellents – we offer a variety of safe treatments to keep our four-legged neighbors from destroying trees and shrubs, whether it’s protecting your broad-leaf evergreens in the winter or your perennials throughout the summer
- Winter Protection Sprays – we offer effective anti-desiccants, as well as attractive alternatives to burlap to keep your plants healthy and hydrated during the coldest months of the year
- Repel Pest Control