Our shrub and ornamental tree program is uniquely customized to your plants and the threats that face them year after year, from frost to fungus, from deer to insects – and everything in between.
We focus on prevention in the hopes of avoiding threats entirely, and we’re often successful – but every year is different. As a result, some issues are treated preventatively and others curatively during our regularly scheduled visits to your property.
We take a holistic approach to all things plant-related, particularly when it comes to pests and diseases. At Connecticut Green, we practice Integrated Pest Management (IPM), an effective way for us to keep your plants looking great – while reducing the need for pesticides.
Our shrub and ornamental tree programs will include some or all of the following, depending on your unique landscape and needs:
- Horticultural Oils – safe, oil-based products that control pests and diseases on plants, especially trees and shrubs
- Disease Control – preventative and need-now treatments to keep your ornamental trees and shrubs safe and healthy
- Fertilization – We offer granular, liquid soil drench and deep-root feedings, depending on your needs. These treatments will keep your plants healthy and strong year after year
- Soil Amendments – to keep your soil as nutrient-rich and balanced as possible, we offer bio-stimulants, compost tea and other supplements that create a healthy growing environment
- Deer Repellents – we offer a variety of safe treatments to keep our four-legged neighbors from destroying trees and shrubs
- Winter Protection Sprays – we offer effective and beautiful alternatives to burlap to keep your plants healthy and hydrated during the coldest months of the year